Sunday, May 27, 2012

Course Reflection: Candice Burg


SDES2198 – Advanced Typography & Publishing Design Reflection

This course has exposed me to the graphic world and the opportunities/resources available within the design field. As an architecture student this course has broadened my awareness of my opportunities in the future and potentially turned my future towards a more graphic career than what I originally considered.

Project 1 was a hands on experience and experimenting each week gave each person the chance to explore and resolve various techniques within letterpress printing. I had lots of fun experimenting with letterpress whether it was with colours, fonts, words, papers and textures.  The project was an overall rewarding one as we were able to produce works of art using type.

I am so excited to see what Project 2 will bring and the combined presentation of everyone's work. I really like how it is a group assignment but your results do not depend on the work of others. However in doing this assignment I have learnt the importance of flexibility as group decisions are made and  individual skill and strengths influence the overall product.

I liked the process of online lectures as I could read and digest the topic. There were always very useful links and resources which always put the ideas within the lectures into practice.

However I feel that once I read the lecture at home that was it. It would be nice if each week we could have a discussion at the beginning of class about what the lecture was about and its relevance to our projects at that time, That way we  could apply what we have learnt and also make sure we were all on the same page in understanding the context.

Overall I have really enjoyed this course and always looked forward to coming to class.

No comments:

Post a Comment