Sunday, May 27, 2012

Lucy Threlfo Course Reflection

This course has greatly built my understanding of the publishing industry as well as my understanding of how that industry began with traditional methods like letterpress.

I enjoyed project 1 incorporating new technologies with the traditional and really getting your hands dirty and making first hand. I would have enjoyed more variations with typefaces available though i do understand their great expense. An excursion to a printing press would have been really interesting and i think useful also.

Project 2 i like a little less only because we didn't incorporate the traditional elements. It would have been interesting to experiment some more and see what we could come up with to again incorporate both the traditional with the contemporary. I am however excited to see how every groups sections come together for the final publication.

Like candice, i enjoyed online lectures but i do agree some form of discussion would have aided my understanding and helped the information really sink in.

No comments:

Post a Comment